Ingredients for the caramelized onions:
- 1 medium-sized white onion, finely sliced
- 1 medium-sized red onion, finely sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste
Ingredients for serving:
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Botko's Grain-Free Crackers
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan placed over medium-high heat. Put in the finely sliced onions, and sprinkle them with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook while stirring regularly until the onions become soft and turn a caramelized color. (This should take around 35-40 minutes.)
- If you notice the onions sticking to the bottom of the pan as they cook, add a bit of water and use a spatula with a flat bottom to scrape up the stuck bits.
- When the onions are just about 2 minutes away from being done, introduce the balsamic vinegar to the pan and mix it in thoroughly. Adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper according to your taste preferences.
- Serve the caramelized onions with a garnish of chopped parsley, and add olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top.
- Serve with Botko's Grain-Free Crackers.